Online media and advertising are constantly evolving. This is my conglomeration of online media, search engine marketing and other social media news that interests me, and hopefully you.

7.03.2007

One Number to Rule them All: Google Acquires Grand Central

As announced yesterday on the Official Google Blog, Google has acquired Grand Central, a company which, if you go to their website, you can't figure out what the heck they really do. Thank goodness the folks at Google are a little better with their communication skills (externally, obviously, after that Sicko fiasco). However, communication is what Grand Central Communications is all about. Currently Grand Central is in Beta, but with all of their cool features, it's a no-brainer that they were quickly snatched up. Not only do they have a ton of cool calling features (recording your calls on the fly and accessing it later, as well as letting people call you from a website), but you can consolidate all of your phones, inboxes, voicemail - everything into one phone number, accessible from everywhere. I know that as soon as I heard about this - I reserved a number. I don't even know if they are in my area. I don't even care. Whenever they are here, I'm ready to roll.

No comments: